Saturday, October 29, 2005

Tears and tantrums

The last fortnight has been so bloody stressful that I am relieved it is over. Two people have left the school- one voluntarily and one fired- and the pulse rates have been high all week. Ghastly. Thankfully a few air-clearing conversations have taken place and I hope to god it is all over and things will return to normal, or at least pretend to be normal.

Whatever that is.

The good thing to come out of it all for me is that is made me realise how much I was enjoying it here and how I don't want to leave just yet. I like staying out till six in the morning and sleeping all day on the weekends. I love riding my bike everywhere. And I especially love people telling me my German is really good.

I started working at the submarine factory last week and it's really fun, once I get over the fact that I am now teaching bankers and military suplliers and have totally sold-out. Oh well. Someone suggested to me that I simply teach them wrong.

No comments: