Thursday, October 13, 2005

Chick flicks

Last night Manuela made some very delicious Borek and we had two of my American collegues to dinner (Trent actually lives with us). Somehow the topic got onto chick flicks and how they weren't worth watching. From somewhere deep within me my latent teenage feminist self rose from the ashes- excuse me? what did you just say? Needless to say they were a little frightened. I haven't felt the need to rant about sexist behaviour for years, I felt all young and outraged again.

It just amazes me that so-called grown men can still obsess about gender to the point where they are forbidden to watch a film because it will challenge their sexuality. The topic of toilet seat raising was also mentioned, at which point you might as well bring out Men are from Mars and Women are From Venus and hold a reading.

Besides which, Thelma and Louise is a fucking great film.

No comments: