Monday, September 12, 2005

Welcome to Kiel







This is now my third month in Germany and to date the longest I have ever been from home- I thought it was about time I set up a proper blog. Also, I have been universally unsuccessful at getting any of the digital images my flatmate thoughtfully provided me with to attatch to an email, so posting them seems the only way.

I am currently on the lovely Manuela's laptop- she is the aformentioned flatmate who is currently going at in on the stepping machine to the tune of the Beastie Boys Sabotage. An excellently bizarre combination and quite a good introduction to the weirdness of my small life in Kiel.

The photos above are of this lovely town and a cocktail party for the girl whose fantastic room I am staying in for three months. She is the tall blonde in the piccie with the two guys. They are my American colleagues Trent and Art, and just two of the team, all of whom are from the US except for the boss who is British. I am learning to say beer with an r in it so they can understand me- although I have already been drunkenly assured that "Nooooo yur accent is rally cuwt!" Tops.

No comments: