Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Living in ignorance

This morning I had a group from The Bank- our most important clients- and we talked about the Australian economy. Who would have thought that I would be talking about a topic like this, which previously would have sent me to sleep in five seconds, with a bunch of German business people? They even sent me away with a bunch of questions about where we get our oil, how we generate electriciy and where the majority of our sheep farms are (!).

So, if anyone knows the answers to these questions could you email me... I have no idea.

I have discovered I am even more ignorant about the world than I possibly could have thought, yesterday I made the American husband of my colleague laugh in delight becuase I asked if New York was a state. Apparently it is. I really need to learn more geography.

No comments: